Parent, coaches, team managers and volunteers should:
- Assist in the creation of an environment where individuals have the opportunity to participate in a sport or activity of their choice.
- Create and maintain an environment free of fear and harassment.
- Recognise the rights of all swimmers to be treated as individuals.
- Recognise the rights of swimmers to confer with other coaches and experts.
- Promote the concept of a balanced lifestyle supporting the well being of the swimmer both in and out of the sport.
- Treat all individuals in sport with respect at all times.
- Do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
- Do not condone or allow to go unchallenged any form of discrimination.
- Do not publicly criticise or engage in demeaning descriptions of others.
- Be discreet in any conversations about swimmers, coaches or any other individuals.
- Communicate with and provide feedback to swimmers in a manner which reflects respect and care.
- Encouraged and support the goals and targets set by the coach.
- Encourage the swimmer to focus on the process of achieving the outcome e.g. their technique.
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may lead to disciplinary action being taken. A repeated issue will be dealt with by the Committee.